On April 11, 2017, Bank of the Ozarks announced that it would be completing an internal corporate reorganization to eliminate its holding company. As a result, it will continue as a publicly-traded, stand-alone depository bank, without a bank holding company.
In this episode of The Bank Account, Jonathan and I discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the bank holding company structure. Specific topics include:
- praise for Bank of the Ozarks innovative approach to further improve its already impressive efficiency,
- a review of the existing landscape of holding company and non-holding company structures,
- activities that may require a holding company,
- size-related thresholds impacting holding company analysis,
- charter and corporate-governance related elements to the analysis, and
- the impact